Supporting Our Students
Our amazing students have a mixed range of interests, ages and abilities. Our well established staff team provide a safe and friendly environment, and are experienced in supporting individuals with varied needs and communication skills. This is effectively achieved by being student led in our programming and through person centred differentiation.
Where our students may have limited or nonverbal communication, various techniques have been utilised by our team to ensure our service is responsive and inclusive, including Makaton, image and sensory recognition.
Our Staff team are also experiences in partnership working with various trained professionals who have specialisms in behavioural, speech and language therapies, psychologists and other therapeutic support. This has enabled us to other offer our centre as a meeting point to support the development and enhancement of our students on-going needs, their lives and experiences.
Through our service and partnership working within the community, we aim to ensure that our students personal skills are further developed, barriers are overcome, they experience increased self-confidence and self-esteem and that their individual goals are achieved.
What We Provide
Ours students gain a variety of skills from participating in our sessions and benefit from:
- Personal plans and profiles to ensure they are learning what they wish, participating in activities they enjoy, achieving their goals and reaching their full potential.
- Opportunities suited to their individual needs, wishes & skills.
- Promotion of problem solving & choice.
- Progression & community partnerships at all levels.
- Social interaction with fellow students and our caring and supportive staff team.
- Enhanced engagement in their local community.
- Fulfilment of their individual goals & aspirations