We believe in inspiring our students to enjoy, learn and create.
As a Not for Profit organisation in the heart of Sheffield, we provide quality and affordable day opportunities for adults with learning and support needs.
Established in 2010, we are celebrating many years of providing quality service to our students.
In everything we do, we believe ACTIVE represents:
Our students are instrumental in the development of our personalised programmes. Through a structured varied programme of activities and topics, our students are given the opportunity to continue to progress with the skills and experience they have obtained previously, and develop new ones with us.
- Creating equal opportunities which are affordable and tailored to our students’ needs, wishes & skills
- Providing a safe, relaxed, inclusive and engaging environment
- Overcoming barriers and increasing self-confidence & esteem
- Promoting goals, diversity & progression
- Keeping our students active
- Encouraging problem solving & enhancing choice
- Continuing our established partnerships in the community
Our Students are given the opportunity to work with every member of our staff team and each other. We promote individual work and collaborative projects.
We get to know our students by finding out their likes and dislikes, and what they want to achieve. This is incorporated into their profiles and personal plans.
Differentiation in the delivery of our programmes is then key to this success. We acknowledge, praise and record our students’ progression and achievements on a daily basis.
We provide a friendly and accessible environment, which promotes positive engagement.
What our students say about us
“I get the chance to do things I haven’t done before.”
“I can do things I want to do here, and I can make mistakes.”
“I’m allowed to make a mess of things to learn new things!”